Friday, June 13, 2008

My new place

Thanks for stopping by. This is my new platform where I’ll write about knitting, yarn, and hopefully all sorts of other fiber related stuff. The name of the blog came up as I was thinking about all the wonderful qualities that wool possesses and I thought: ‘yes, that’s definitely my favorite fiber’. I don’t know if there are any kinds of fiber that could actually beat the beloved wool? I can’t proof that there isn’t but in that case it might at least be some kind of protein fiber, I’m really fond of alpaca and silk, for example. On the other hand, I’ve learned to love cotton and other cellulose fibers that are nice to wear in the summer. Oh, and yes, I’ve been reading The Knitters Book of Yarn by Clara Parkes. Interesting book, by the way. Anyway, that’s how this blog began, with musings on yarns and fibers. So, Favorite Fibers it is.

You might ask why I ditched the old blog. Well, I started out writing in Danish, then I added English, but lately I’ve been blogging in English only. I’m really drawn to the concept of getting in touch with people from both Denmark and the rest of the world. That’s why I wanted to change the Danish name and have a more international one. So I thought that I might as well sign up for a brand new blog. Hope you’ll come and visit me here again some time soon.

4 comments:

ulli said...

it will be fun reading about your new adventures in the fiber world.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to your new blog! Am very excited for you and your knitting.

Gudrun Johnston said...

Changed my subscription over....love the name and the banner!

Laila: said...

Me too...I'm hanging on...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...