Saturday, May 7, 2011
About a month ago I finished this cardigan for Ella.
The construction is oh so simple but never the less it's quite clever.
I love the I-cords on the inside which make sure that the fronts are kept in place.
I dived into my collection of buttons to find two suitable buttons and I think that these turned out really well.
Even though I love this little cardigan there are things that I, in hindsight, would have done differently. For example I should have picked up less stitches at the armholes. But... I was in a hurry and didn't want to unravel... Also, I should have continued to pick up stitches for the edging along the side of the fronts. Experience is a good thing ;-)
Pattern: Garter Stitch Baby Kimobo by Joji Locatelli
Yarn: Malabrigo lace in the color Dusty
Needles: 2 mm
I think I'll knit another one making these changes. And also, I'm not going to knit another one on 2 mm needles... I'm happy about the result but it takes ages and there's a slight possibility that it will be too small by the time I finish it.