Saturday, March 21, 2009

Swatches on Parade





Last weekend I went to an exhibition - a knitting exhibition. It was the Swedish knitter Britt-Marie Christoffersson who displayed her experiments in knitting. The main elements are what we would call swatches, all in the same size (40 x 40 cm), and it made up a beautiful coherence even though they were all very different. There were also a few knitted sweaters. With the exhibition she intends to contribute to a development of the craft, as she finds it somehow stagnated. It was so inspiring and I loved the way she used colors and shapes.

















She was also teaching a knitting class (which I participated in) during the weekend so I caught her with my camera. She was such a nice and friendly lady.




5 comments:

Gudrun Johnston said...

This exhibition looks incredible...nice to see someone thinking out of the box!

Sue said...

Oh my god, that knitting is just amazing. It would have been great to actually visit and look at all those wonderful exhibits. What a very clever lady.

Katie M. said...

Thanks for sharing -- the photos are awesome. I love the textures and colors. How was the class?

Anonymous said...

WOW - I would have loved to have seen that exhibition but I would have REALLY loved to do that class.

Magnolia Handspun said...

Thank you so much for sharing this...what great inspiration...wow!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...