Friday, January 2, 2009

Knitted Christmas Presents #1



I'll start this years blogging by showing off some of the presents I made this Christmas. In this post it'll be two scarfs.



For my mother I knitted this triangular shawl or scarf following this pattern, Silk Kerchief by Kate Gagnon. Simple but lovely. I made a lace border pretty much similar to the border on Swallowtail Shawl by Evelyn Clark. (Both patterns are free). I saw another Silk Kerchief with an added border and was inspired to make one too.



I used two different alpaca yarns (one hand dyed) to make the stripes. Both of them are 100% alpaca resulting in a so so soft scarf.




Pattern: Silk Kerchief by Kate Gagnon (pdf here)
Yarn: Atacama by Araucania Yarns (Unfortunately I've lost the information for the solid yarn)
Needles: 3.5 mm

The other scarf is this one for my grandmother.



Another simple pattern, Old Shale Scarf by Tiennie. I made it in a soft wool and silk blend.



Pattern: Old Shale Scarf by Tiennie (pdf here)
Yarn: DUO Silke/Merino by Design.club.dk
Needles: 4 mm

2 comments:

ulli said...

lise the shawl is gorgeous. i love everything on it. the colors and the border

Mimosa said...

These are beautiful gifts !

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...